In order to encourage Inter-caste Marriages (अंतर-जातीय विवाह) in West Bengal State, Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has decided to increase the incentive for couples from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 2.5 lakh. This scheme would be known as “Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-caste Marriages” (अंतर-जातीय विवाह के माध्यम से सामाजिक एकीकरण के लिए डॉ अम्बेडकर योजना). The objective of this scheme is to appreciate the socially bold step of an Inter-caste marriage, taken by the newly married couple and to extend financial incentive (वित्तीय प्रोत्साहन का विस्तार) to the couple to enable them to settle down in the initial phase of their married life. It is clarified that it should not be construed as a supplementary scheme to an employment generation of poverty alleviation scheme (गरीबी उन्मूलन योजना). Inter-caste marriages can be one of the significant steps to reduce the caste-prejudices, abolish untouchability and spread the values of liberty, equality, fraternity, etc in the society. Under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme for implementation of the PCR- Protection of Civil Rights Act (नागरिक अधिकार अधिनियम का संरक्षण) and POA- Prevention of Atrocities Act (अत्याचार अधिनियम की रोकथाम), Central Assistance to State Govts and UT Administrations is provided towards incentive for Inter-caste marriages where one of the spouses belongs to Scheduled Caste (SC). The Ambedkar Foundation also joins the initiative for bringing in an attitudinal change among the members of society through Inter-caste Marriages which has the potential to bring sustainable social integration, harmony, and fraternity (स्थायी सामाजिक एकीकरण, सद्भाव और बिरादरी).
- 1 Application Process of Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for West Bengal Inter-caste Marriages
- 2 How to Apply for WB Inter-caste Marriage Scheme Incentive
- 3 Application for Incentive of Inter-caste Marriage in West Bengal
- 4 Required Documents for Inter-caste Marriage in West Bengal
Application Process of Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for West Bengal Inter-caste Marriages
Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-caste Marriages shall be the discretion of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (सामाजिक न्याय और अधिकारिता मंत्रालय) & Chairman of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation to sanction the incentive of the couple. The submission of false information to the competent authority is offensive and would be punishable as per law in force. The newly married couple who solemnized an Inter-caste marriage under the below eligibility criteria can apply for the Incentive of Inter-caste Marriage Scheme in West-Bengal State (पश्चिम बंगाल राज्य में अंतर जाति विवाह योजना का प्रोत्साहन).
(A)= The extent of Incentive for Inter-caste Marriage (अंतर जाति विवाह के लिए प्रोत्साहन की सीमा):- The incentive for a legal Inter-caste Marriage shall be Rs. 2.5 lakh per marriage. On receipt of a Pre-stamped receipt on an Rs. 10/- Non-Judicial Stamp Paper (गैर-न्यायिक स्टाम्प पेपर) the total amount of incentive will be released to the eligible couple in a single installment through RTGS/NEFT to the joint account of the couple. The details of the extent of incentive under the Dr. Ambedkar Scheme are as follows:
- The aim of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation (डॉ अंबेडकर फाउंडेशन) is to provide an incentive to at least 500 such couples in every financial year.
- This scheme has been continued as a regular scheme since 1st April 2015.
- The District Authorities and State Govt should be persuaded to be more proactive in supporting Inter-caste Marriage (One of the spouses must belong to SC Category) by organizing Mass Inter-caste Marriages (मास अंतर जाति विवाह) in the Districts/States. They may publicize the same in local media or any leading newspaper, arrange functions for the Inter-caste Marriage invite eminent personalities to grace the occasion, etc.
- An amount of Rs. 25,000/- (Twenty-five thousand) for each marriage, would be released to the District Authorities/State Govt (जिला प्राधिकरण/राज्य सरकार) for organizing a befitting program in which the incentive would be handed over to the couple.
(B)= Conditions of Eligibility (पात्रता की शर्तें):- In order to apply for Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-Caste Marriages, the couple must fall down under the following criteria.
- An Inter-caste Marriage, one of the spouses should belong to Scheduled Caste (अनुसूचित जाति) and the other one belongs to a Non-scheduled Caste (गैर-अनुसूचित जाति).
- Both the bride and groom should be a citizen of India and should have the domicile (अधिवास) of West Bengal State.
- The marriage should be valid as per the law and duly registered in judiciary under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (हिंदू विवाह अधिनियम, 1955). An affidavit or Marriage Certificate of their being legally married and in the matrimonial alliance would be submitted by the couple.
- The incentive will be given to those couples who are going for first marriage only. No incentive is available on second or subsequent marriage.
- Proposal (प्रस्ताव) would be treated as valid if submitted within one year of marriage.
- The total income of the newly married couple, both put together should not exceed more than Rs. 5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- The couple who have already received incentive/grant from the State Government/Union Territory Administration (राज्य सरकार/संघ राज्य प्रशासन) are not eligible for an incentive from the Ambedkar Foundation under this scheme.
How to Apply for WB Inter-caste Marriage Scheme Incentive
The proposal to given incentive under the “Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-caste Marriages”, should be recommended either by sitting Member of Parliament (MP) or Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA), or the District Collector/Magistrate (जिला कलेक्टर/मजिस्ट्रेट) and submitted by the State Government/Union Territory Authorities. The incentive for a legal Inter-caste Marriage (कानूनी अंतर-जाति विवाह) shall be Rs. 2.5 lakh per marriage. On receipt of a Pre-stamped receipt on an Rs. 10/- Non-Judicial Stamp Paper the total amount of incentive will be released to the eligible couple in a single installment through Electronic Fund Transfer System to the joint bank account of the couple (Bride & bride-groom).
Application for Incentive of Inter-caste Marriage in West Bengal
Here are a few simple steps that you need to follow for the “Online Application” (ऑनलाइन आवेदन) of Inter-caste Marriage in WB State.
First of all, the applicant will have to visit the official web portal of http://www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in/, Backward Classes Welfare Dept, Government of West Bengal State (पश्चिम बंगाल सरकार, पिछड़ा वर्ग कल्याण विभाग) for online registration. The link is mentioned below. After accessing the below website, the applicant needs to click on the option of “ICM Online Application of Incentive for Inter-caste Marriage” at the right side on top of the page. Then fill up the online application form with care and fill all mandatory details to avoid inconvenience.
@=(Step 2nd)- If the above website is not opened or shows error then click the given below link to directly visit the “Online Application Form” (ऑनलाइन आवेदन पत्र) for the incentive of inter-caste marriage. Then, do the following procedure to completely fill up the registration form.
- | Personal Details of Applicant (आवेदक का व्यक्तिगत विवरण)- Here enter the Applicant’s Name (Bride/Groom), Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Contact No, Caster Type (Must belong to SC category), Sub caste, and Present Address.
- | Details of Id Proof of Applicant (आवेदक के आईडी प्रमाण का विवरण)- Please enter Voter Id/EPIC Number, Caste Certificate No, Aadhaar Card No, Pan Card No, and Other ID Proof (If any).
- | Personal Details of Spouse/Co-Applicant (जीवनसाथी/सह-आवेदक के व्यक्तिगत विवरण)- Name of Co-applicant (Bride/Groom), Father’s Name, DOB, Contact Number, Caste Type (Must belong to General category), and Present Address.
- | Details of Id Proof of Spouse/Co-Applicant (जीवनसाथी/सह-आवेदक के आईडी प्रमाण का विवरण)- Please enter Voter Id/EPIC No, Certificate No, Aadhaar Card No, Pan Card No, and Other Id Proof (If any).
- | Marriage Details (विवाह विवरण)- In this section, enter the Date of Marriage and Details of Marriage (Registration Certificate). Then select the appropriate options (Whether Living Together- Yes/NO, Whether any Child is Born out of this Wedlock- Yes/No, Whether any Such Grant has been Received- Yes/No, Earlier from any Authority- Yes/No)
- | Self-Declaration (स्व-घोषणा)- In the next section, mark the given declaration that the above information is true to the best of your knowledge and belief. Giving a false declaration is offensive and the grant amount will be forfeited if any of the information is found incorrect. Now enter the given Captcha Code in the required box and hit the “Save and Continue” button to further process.
- | Bank Account Details (बैंक खाता विवरण)- Now fill up the Bank Account Information (Must be Joint Account) like Bank Name, Branch Name, Holder Name, Joint Holder Name, A/C No, IFSC Code, etc.
- | Required Documents & Submission (आवश्यक दस्तावेज और सबमिशन)- In the end, upload the supporting documents as per given instruction in the registration form. And then click on the “Submit” button to complete the process. After successfully submission, take a print of the filled-in registration form (Which contains registration number) for further uses.
The application is submitted to the Department dealing with the Welfare of Scheduled Caste (अनुसूचित जाति का कल्याण) in the respective States/Union Territories and the State Government/UT Authorities may forward the same to the Director, Dr. Ambedkar Foundation (निदेशक, डॉ अम्बेडकर फाउंडेशन), 15, Janpath, New Delhi (110-001) with their recommendations.
Required Documents for Inter-caste Marriage in West Bengal
The following documents are required to be uploaded with the application form (WB Inter-Caste Marriages Benefits)as per the given instruction in the form.
- Passport size recent photograph of the Bride & Groom each.
- One passport size joint photograph of the couple.
- A copy of Birth proof such as Birth Certificate or copy of Secondary School Examination (Both Bride & Groom)
- Duly attested copy of Address Proof such as Voter Id Card/Driving License/Indian Passport etc (Both bride & Groom)
- Caste Certificate (जाति प्रमाण पत्र) is required issued by the competent authority (One of the spouses belong to SC category and the other to a Non-scheduled caste).
- Income Certificate (आय प्रमाण पत्र) is also required issued by competent authority (If employed then enclosed the salary slip/certificate).
- Marriage Registration Certificate (विवाह पंजीकरण प्रमाण पत्र) is essential to enclosed (Marriage must be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955).
- Frontpage copy of Joint Bank Account Passbook (संयुक्त बैंक खाता पासबुक) which clearly shows Holder/Joint-holder Name, Bank & Branch Name, A/C No, IFSC Code etc.
- Attested copy of Recommendation Letter (सिफारिश पत्र) by sitting MP/MLA or by District Collector/District Magistrate.
To check the Registration Status of Inter-caste Marriage, kindly click the given below link and hit the “Check Applicant Status” (आवेदक की स्थिति की जांच करें) icon as per given demo screenshot. ( West Bengal Inter-Caste Marriages Benefits)
Contact Details & Postal Address of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation
(डॉ अंबेडकर फाउंडेशन का संपर्क विवरण और डाक पता)
Dr. Ambedkar Foundation (An autonomous body under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment)
- Contact Person:- Mr. Debendra Prasad Majhi (Director)
- Office Address:- Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, 15, Janpath, New Delhi (110-001) India
- Phone Numbers:- (+91) 11 2332-0571 / 0589
- Fax Number:- (+91) 11 2332-0582
For more details about “Dr. Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-Caste Marriages” or download the offline “Application Form for Incentive of Inter-caste Marriage” (अंतर-जातीय विवाह के प्रोत्साहन के लिए आवेदन पत्र), kindly visit the Dr. Ambedkar Foundations’ official website through the given below link.
Users, here we have provided to you all information related to West Bengal Inter-Caste Marriages Benefits (अंतर-जातीय विवाह के माध्यम से सामाजिक एकीकरण के लिए डॉ अम्बेडकर योजना).